Burton Latimer banner
Burton Latimer on Facebook Burton Latimer on Twitter
 

Burton Latimer war memorialLandmarks
War memorial

Burton Latimer's war memorial currently stands at the junction of Church Street and High Street. However, since it was erected in 1922 it has proved to be a very mobile monument!

The structure was originally sited at the junction of High Street, Church Street and Meeting Lane. Then, in 1962, it was moved to a new spot outside the council offices, off High Street - only to be moved back to its original location (give or take a few yards) in the 1980s.

Each year, local people gather round the memorial at 11 o'clock on the 11th November to remember those who died in the two world wars of the 20th century, and to give thanks for those who returned.

Location
High St / Church Rd, Burton Latimer
 
Quick page links...»
» Town map
» Local walks - Burton bracer
 
External links...»
» Burton Latimer Heritage Society
Back to Top