Burton Latimer banner
Burton Latimer on Facebook Burton Latimer on Twitter
 

Manor house, Burton LatimerLandmarks
Manor house

The Manor House is at the heart of the conservation area in Church Street, immediately next to St Mary's church.

The thatch-roofed building (which is a private dwelling) dates from the early 1700s (the year 1704 appears on the south gable) - and is set amidst large, shady trees. The grounds contain traces of ancient mounds and hollows, suggesting that an earlier building on this site (possibly the residence of a Saxon Thane) may have been surrounded by a moat.

Location
Church St, Burton Latimer
 
Quick page links...»
» Town map
» Local walks - Burton bracer
 
External links...»
» Burton Latimer Heritage Society
Back to Top